Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Gobble Day!

For Thanksgiving, we were invited over to Ms. M, J, and S's beautiful home for Thanksgiving lunch.
For those of you that wonder why I don't use real names, it's because I respect the fact that I haven't asked these people if I can mention them on my blog and so I give them nicknames/aliases/abbreviations in order to keep track of characters.
Of course we watched the Saints game.
What the hell happened in the third quarter?!?
And had DELICIOUS foods:
turkey
green bean casserole (SO good)
sweet potato casserole
butternut squash mash 
that was one of my dishes and for some reason I kept saying "banana nut"
vegetable medley casserole
I don't know the actual name of it but all you need to know was it had feta and mozzarella on top.
mashed potatoes
WITH THE SKINS!!!!
And then for dessert:
pecan pie
pumpkin cheesecake
root beer floats
With A&W which is the only way they should be made

The best part was the new faces and the TONS of laughs.  I haven't laughed that hard in a while.
I was worried that I would be really homesick today but after video chatting with the family (yes, all of the aunts, uncles and cousins gathered round to look at me and tell me that I look pregnant) and being with such an entertaining group of people, I didn't even think about it once.
Today was just a great Thanksgiving!

Hope everyone had a lovely Gobble Day!           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...