Sunday, November 7, 2010

Dim Sum

I had my first book club meeting today.  It went pretty well.  The group seems nice enough although in a packed dim sum restaurant, it's hard to always hear everything that's said.  The book we read was "The Drink and Dream Teahouse" which was...okay.  I don't know if I would actually recommend it.  It moves in a jagged way and there are a lot of unanswered questions left at the end of the novel.  But it was nice to sit and share food and conversation with some new people.  We meet again in a couple of weeks when we will discuss "The Room".  

Other than that, tomorrow is my first day at work.  I'm excited and nervous at the same time.  It will be nice if it makes the days go by faster.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...