Monday, September 13, 2010

Rafting and Cooking

We went rafting yesterday.

 We had so much fun yesterday.  We went rafting with Stevie, our amazing cousin and river guide.  We stopped a hot springs along the river which was so great!  There was about a 20-30 degree difference in the temperature of the river and the temperature of the hot spring.  
Here was the new friend that we ran into:

Yes, that's a bald eagle.  
So cool.

The rafting trip was rather eventful, other than the hot spring and the bald eagle.
I fell out of the raft not once, but twice.
I'm okay.  It was actually quite hilarious.
I also slipped on the rocks.  Check out my battle wounds.

My poor banged up knee.
Stevie also decided to start teaching me to be a river guide.  Guess what my part time job will be next summer??
I know.  I look real good.
Yay!

In other news, I'm trying to figure out a way to organize my cookbook.  "My" is italicized because I'm referring to the recipes I've collected from my aunt Melinda-Lou, various cooking magazines/websites, and friends.  Here's a snippet of what the binder looks like right now:


As you can see, there's NO organization to this WHAT SO EVER.
It's really inconvenient and inefficient because I have to search forever for recipes that I know I have and want to use.  

Suggestions anyone?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...