Friday, September 23, 2011

Quick

My quick thought for this week:

Make no apologies.

Don't get me wrong.  It's not that you shouldn't apologize if you spit on someone, bump into them, drop an anvil on their foot, etc.
Or that you shouldn't apologize if you hurt someone's feelings.

But I spent a large part of my life apologizing for who I was, changing who I was to suit someone else, and constantly trying to match the mold that continuously seemed to change the moment I set foot in it.

  But I don't want him to grow up and do the same thing.

So now, I commit to myself to no longer make apologies for who I am.

I'm quirky.
I'm terrible at completing projects but GREAT at starting them.
My books are my most prized possession so I'll probably grab them before I grab a photo.
I'm making myself learn to like foods in the hopes that Stephen will like them too.
I think my husband could walk on water if he tried.
There are very few people I dislike because I find that the majority of people have something about them that is likeable.
It's only recently that I've realized a cousin of mine and I have so much in common that it's astounding.
I have faith in God.  I believe in Him.  But I have had that faith shaken so much by men who claim to be leaders of His Word that I want very little to do with organized religion.
But I still have faith.
That's why I knew when I was wheeled into the OR that regardless of what happened, Stephen and I would be fine.

And that's just a little bit of me.
  





3 comments:

  1. So inspiring! Your right don't apologize for who you are! Dr.Seuss once said "Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind". You are a beautiful woman!! Found your blog on the shine project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this entry! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love this. i think it is an extremely important message to remember. thanks for sharing.

    please stop on by:
    http://www.penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...