Thursday, March 3, 2011

Library of mine...

I follow politics as much as I can.  However, I don't really care to discuss politics with people because I find that a lot of people will try to "sway" me to their side of the argument if I don't agree.  And frankly, if I have a rational reason for my stance, I don't want to argue with you about it. (this is where I would stick out my tongue to my adversary).

So, believe me, as much as the controversy in Wisconsin and the other states that are jumping on the bandwagon of doing away with collective bargaining makes me sad (sad because there are a ton of unhappy people in those states right now), I find Scott Walker's behavior hysterical.
Funny?  you ask.  How so?

Not that I claim to be an expert in politics whatsoever (although I do recognize I am a genius of the world) but I find it entertaining (in a bittersweet kind of way) to watch politicians now.  Many are SCRAMBLING to make decisions that are going to "slash their budgets" and at the same time, practically guarantee reelection for themselves.  But it seems to me that drastic times call for drastic measures.  Not that politicians should martyr themselves, but if they came up with a plan that, I don't know, actually encouraged future growth within their states rather than make decisions that yes, would help at some point, but that would be a long ways off (like slash budgets without creating any form of revenue to balance it) than perhaps, they would see some kind of flourish.

Hmm...re-reading that makes me think that doesn't make any sense.  

Regardless, I'm interested to see what Scott Walker's next move is.  After keeping the public out of his budget address yesterday, I'll be intrigued to see if he gets slammed with contempt.

I'll probably laugh...

***************************************************************
But Scott Walker isn't really the topic I wanted to write about today.

"I think that we should start getting rid of some of our books."

Yes, those were the words spoken to me this past Saturday by the love of my life.

Shocking isn't it?

My precious books?  ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!

I have spent years working on my collection and breaks my heart that they are not all here with us but rather split up between here and our home state.  And now, suddenly he wants to start donating them because of a "lack" of space?  Ridiculous!

However...

I can see the merit.  With Mini Lee on the way, I realize that space is an issue.  I also realize that cluttering a bookshelf with tons of books and knick knacks and pictures does not make a very attractive shelving unit (designers...you be damned).  So I'm struggling.  If we had more storage space, I would make the argument to just pack some up in boxes.  But we are running out of room in there as well and will run out of more of it when we start shifting the apartment around for the baby.  

So, maybe one day, I'll get the courage up to donate some of the books.  But in the meantime, I think the fetal position in the middle of the floor throwing a temper tantrum over my resolution to keep them will suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...