Thursday, August 4, 2011

Winds of Change

Things are changing a lot around here.  Obviously, adding a baby to the scenario can change everything quickly.  

For one thing, I've lost almost all of my pregnancy weight (we're talking about 40 pounds in three weeks...it's amazing what giving birth to a 9 pound baby boy will do).

Also, I've learned how to function without getting any REM sleep ever.  I've essentially learned how to defy science and psychology because I haven't gone insane (although I'm certain the voices in my head would disagree with that).

Oddly enough, since the little man's arrival, I've started to (and obviously, it doesn't happen all the time) be able to focus more.  I have very little time during the day to get things done that need to be done so it helps keep me from getting sucked into mundane things that don't need to happen (like rewatching Episode 9 of Season 4 of Bones...or any episode of Bones for that matter).  

Some of you may have noticed the change to the blog's appearance (and for those of you who haven't, you either don't visit the blog regularly or you aren't very observant...hmm).  It's still a work in progress but it'll do for now. 

So there will likely be more changes coming to the blog.  I'm hoping to post more often.  In the meantime, I'm going to keep playing with my new little man and hoping to get a few things done each day.

1 comment:

  1. Love the new look! I'm glad to hear you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...