Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Saved!

As I'm writing tonight's entry, mi marido is watching "The Lost Boys", a low budget vampire flick and I'm in the bedroom taking some time to write and type up more recipes.  And to kill the absolute silence of the bedroom, I'm watching on of all time favorite flicks, Saved!, which gets the underlining effect because in my personal opinion, it far exceeds some low budget vampire flick.  Honestly, I think I've seen this movie about 10 times and I never tire of it.  I never tire of stories about personal growth and I love Mary in this film and her growth.  And because I feel like it, here's a list of movies that I love and have watched many times (NOTE: this is not an all-encompassing list and as my siblings can attest, I have watched PLENTY of movies COUNTLESS times).  Without further ado, here are some movies I love in no particular order:
  • Nightmare Before Christmas (I've seen this over 400 times.  That may seem like a wild exaggeration but in high school, I watched this movie many times and to this day, it is still a go-to if I have a really "blue" day.  I can sing all of the words to all of the songs and I can recite many of the lines as well.)
  • The Dead Poet's Society 
  • Saved! (duh)
  • Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
  • The Devil Wears Prada
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous 
  • Keeping the Faith
  • Role Models (I've never laughed that hard during a movie) 
That's enough for now.  If you want a list of books I love, that could take a while.  Maybe I'll add an entire page to this blog for just that purpose.

And here's a quick update:
  • Eric has an interview tomorrow.  Fingers crossed everyone!
  • Kaya had a small needle biopsy this afternoon.  Fingers crossed it's nothing!
  • I bought two books yesterday from Borders for a little over 4 bucks.  Thanks, Borders!
  • I should be starting my Child Psychology course soon.  Yay for school!
That's pretty much it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...