Saturday, November 5, 2011

Wag of the Spoon: Google What?! (cont)

Seriously?!

You may think that the Wag of the Spoon from yesterday was done.
Oh ho ho...FAR FROM IT.

Welcome to a continuation of Wag of the Spoon.
So you may be wondering why this is continuing?

Yesterday, I pointed out the flaw that the Google Reader has done away with the sharing tool.  One of the greatest aspects that WAS Google Reader.

And then this morning, I sucked it up and thought "Maybe it's not that bad".

I WAS WRONG.

WRONG.

WRONG

So, what's so wrong with Google Reader?  

Let's first talk about the hundreds thousands of articles that have disappeared.  I haven't checked into my reader in days which means that there was well over a thousand articles waiting for me to read them.  
I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt though.

I marked everything that was older than a day as read.  This means that whatever is left should be from the last 24 hours, right? 
WRONG
What was left you may ask?

Everything from a month ago.

A MONTH AGO.

In other words, SHIT I HAD ALREADY READ!

If I wanted to learn about the news from a month ago, or blog posts from a month ago, I would go to ARCHIVES.  NOT MY GOOGLE READER.

I feel like I've been in a blissful relationship for years with a lover.  And suddenly, I'm finding out that my lover has been plotting my demise with another lover the whole time.  I'm being broken up with, shamed, disappointed, and humiliated in public.  You might think that sounds a bit dramatic but think of all the people I have pressured into getting on Google Reader.  I've essentially been a Google Reader pusher for years and now suddenly, I have egg on MY face (not literally, I'm doing that DIY facial later).  

Dear Google Reader,
My heart is broken.
No one has hurt me more.
Well, except for some high school antics but that is a story for another day.
I can't even look at you!
We are SOOOOOOOOOOO over.
No more love.  


1 comment:

  1. Are you really breaking up with Google Reacer, or is that just your anger talking?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...