Sunday, February 13, 2011

Google Reader

I love my Google Reader.

I think that needs to be stated.  

Even though, I'm about 99% positive that if you've read my blog before, you are well aware that this love affair I have with my Reader borders on addiction.

For someone with an addictive personality though, you have to admit, it's not an incredibly unhealthy addiction to have.

Well...sometimes...

It occurred to me this week that the baby will be here in less than 6 months.  And given that I work full time and, after the baby is born, I'm planning on throwing on a cape, and becoming Super Mom, I realized that having a Google Reader that is constantly showing 1000+ items is going to slow me down quite a bit.  Or get so overwhelming that I completely do away with it.  

So I made a very big decision.

I deleted some blogs.

GASP!
  
Shocking, I know.

My list of blogs in Reader is now down to roughly 190 blogs.  I know that still seems like a bit much (here is the addiction rationalizing now and I recognize that) however, many of these blogs post once a week, sometimes even less.  

Back off, okay?  I do realize the whole thing is ridiculous.

Alas, one day, I hope to be at 150.  But for the time being, 190 seems like a safe number to start at.  

Goodbye, blogs.  Keep up the posting and maybe one day, I'll return. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...